Our Programs, Advocacies, and Impacts to the world
Students presenting during the Cebu training for trainers
Seed School is the first part of a three part program that includes Seed School Teacher Training and Introduction to Permaculture. Seed School is the flagship of Global Seed Savers Philippines’ trainings. The participants of this program are people who will eventually become part of a bigger movement of seed keepers in the Philippines or those who are interested in starting seed libraries in their communities.
Want to host a seed school in your community?
- To help people go back to the ancient practice of saving seeds.
- To ensure that people understand the importance of seed saving and its role in biodiversity conservation, culture preservation, food sovereignty, and seed sovereignty.
- To create a safe and fertile space for everybody’s learning and sharing.
- To help people understand that there is a wealth of possible food crops in the Philippines.
- To ensure that people know the value of growing food for themselves and the key role seeds play in this.
Seed Schools, 2015 to present
Our local staff work remotely
from various parts of the Philippines (Benguet, Cebu).
To contact our Philippines team, message:
Our US offices are based in Denver, Colorado, which is the land of the Cheyenne and Arapaho and 48 other Indigenous Tribes and Nations who call Colorado home. They are the original Stewards of this stolen land and it is because of their successes and continued hardships that we are able to engage in our collective work of restoring the indigenous practice of saving seeds.